Part of Zamberlan's X-active collection, the 215 Salathe GTX RR is a waterproof hiker for those that want one shoe to do it all. The Salathe combines the grip and maneuverability of an approach shoe, the protection and support of a hiking boot, and the comfort of a trail runner. Similar to the Half Dome, the secret to this new evolution lies in the to-the-toe lacing system paired with the new comfort-oriented performance last and stretch over-foot wraps (no tongues here). Layer in Vibram Megagrip outsoles and evolutionary midsoles along with full rubber rands and the Salathe will earn your respect as the one go-to outdoor shoe for all you do.
▪ Hydrobloc suede leather uppers are soft and lightweight and are complemented by stretch over-the-foot wraps that are well-padded and offer a sock-like environment for the foot for increased comfort
▪ The to-the-toe lacing system provides a technical fit that is adaptable to climbing and hiking situations alike
▪ Vibram Pepe with Megagrip outsoles offer versatility for function on both trails and on the rock
▪ Evolutionary bi-density EVA midsoles are engineered for further weight reduction and additional cushioning under the foot without compromising durability thanks to a new design
▪ Full 360-degree rubber rand reinforcements offer exceptional durability and foot protection in the harshest of trails, shale, and rocky conditions
▪ Uppers are lined with Gore-tex Extended Comfort waterproof breathable membranes guaranteed for the life of the shoe
▪ Built around Zamberlan's new comfort-fit performance last for supreme comfort over long miles
▪ Resolable with original factory Zamberlan Vibram® outsoles which are available from Zamberlan Canada.
▪ Handcrafted in the Zamberlan family factory in northern Italy.